The most moist gluten-free chocolate blueberry muffins – breakfast on the go has never been more delicious.
Muffins have been on my to make list for a while now, and I’ve finally got around to making them. I’ve taken the classic blueberry muffin, added chocolate chunks and made it vegan, gluten and refined sugar free all whilst making it taste like the yummiest muffin ever.
Gluten-free baking isn’t easy, and throwing vegan/refined-sugar free into the mix makes things a little difficult but after several attempts I ended up with a batch of light, fluffy and moist muffins that I was happy with. I just wish they lasted a little longer, but they don’t call it taste testing for nothing, right?
If you’re not a big fan of blueberries feel free to add in more chocolate chunks or swap them for your favourite berry instead. This recipe would work well with blackcurrants, blackberries and strawberries. You could in even throw in some chopped nuts if you’re feeling fancy. If you’re like me you’ll know that customising a recipe to your own liking is the best, but if you’re happy with blueberries and chocolate you’ll be fine with the original recipe.
These Gluten-free Chocolate Blueberry Muffins are:
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- ½ cup dairy-free yoghurt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup dairy-free milk
- ¾ cup blueberries, fresh
- 80g chocolate chunks
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Pre heat the oven to 180c, and line a muffin tray with 6 muffin cases
- Put all of the dry ingredients into a bowl, mix well and set a side
- Pour all of the liquids into a jug and stir well
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients, slowly pour in the liquids and stir until combined
- Add in the blueberries and chocolate chunks and stir gently so that the berries don’t burst
- Divide the batter between the six cases
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool
If you’ve tried one of my recipes, I’d love to hear about it. Tag your social media posts with #Goodnessisgorgeous or leave a comment below.