Apple and raspberry bircher muesli – a delicious, healthy breakfast that can be made the night before
It feels as though Summer is flying by, we’re already into the second week of August and there’s so many more recipes I want to try this season. So for the remainder of summer it’s going to be a juggling act of soaking up as much vitamin D as possible and spending time in the kitchen. Over the next few weeks I’ve got some much loved tried and tested recipes for you that I hope you’re going to love just as much as I do but for now we’re talking breakfast…
Apple and raspberry bircher muesli is a great go-to breakfast and has become one of my favourites this summer for a few reasons;
- It’s a chilled breakfast and unlike smoothie bowls it fills me up for a lot longer
- You can prepare it the evening before, which means you have breakfast ready for when you wake up
- It really is delicious – just ask my taste testers!
This recipe really is a lifesaver for busy mornings, and you can even double the ingredients to make a batch that will last you the week, just store it in the fridge until you’re ready to eat. Naturally sweet, creamy and delicious this is a breakfast not to be missed. While I love having smoothies, chia pudding and granola in the mornings nothing is more satisfying than a bowl of oats.
This apple and raspberry bircher muesli is:
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 ½ cup oats
- ½ cup coconut yoghurt (or yoghurt of your choice)
- ½ cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 tbsp. mixed seed
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- A handful of fresh raspberries
- Apple slices
- A spoonful of coconut yoghurt
- A sprinkling of seeds
- Put the frozen raspberries into a small bowl and cover with hot water for a few minutes until thawed. Drain the water and place them in a bigger bowl along with the grated apple, oats and seeds.
- Stir in the yoghurt and milk and chill in the fridge overnight
- In the morning divide between two bowls and top with additional raspberries, apple, yoghurt and seeds
If you’ve tried one of my recipes, I’d love to hear about it. Tag your social media posts with #Goodnessisgorgeous or leave a comment below.