Raw Vegan Strawberry Cream Pie – the perfect way to celebrate the summer season!
Strawberries and coconut yoghurt are a match made in heaven. I know this because after having nothing in the fridge for dessert one night, I threw together a few ingredients and ended up with the recipe for these strawberry cream pies. Super easy, healthy and delicious. This is the beauty of raw desserts, they do not take long to make and they are pretty good for you too. Topped with fresh strawberries and chopped pistachios, these tarts are perfect for any summer celebration, whether you’re having a picnic in the park or dinner alfresco.
This Strawberry Cream Pie is:
Made from wholefoods
& 1 of your five a day
- To make one pie you will need:
- ½ cup / Approx. 6 medjool dates
- ½ cup dedicated coconut
- ½ cup oats
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup coconut yoghurt
- A handful of chopped strawberries
- 2 tbsp. chopped pistachios
- Destone each of the medjool dates and put into a food processor along with the coconut, oats, vanilla and water. Process until a sticky ball forms.
- Divide the mixture into two and pat down the mixture into each of the tartlet tins and place in the fridge to harden (or freezer if you want to speed things up).
- Meanwhile chop the strawberries into quarters and then remove the coconut cream from the fridge, stiring to ensure it's smooth.
- Remove the crusts from the fridge, fill with the coconut cream and top with strawberries and sprinkle with pistachios.
If you’ve tried one of my recipes, I’d love to hear about it. Tag your social media posts with #Goodnessisgorgeous or leave a comment below.