Blueberry cheesecake overnight oats; a quick and easy breakfast made tasty with blueberry, lemon and coconut. This overnight oats recipe combines my love for cheesecake with breakfast to make a healthy, protein packed start to the day.
Breakfast is by far my favourite meal of the day, and whilst my weekend favourites include pancakes, waffles and French toast, oats are a weekday staple that I can’t live without. There’s so many ways to mix things up, but when time is short in the morning overnight oats are perfect. Especially when prepared the evening before.
These oats are incredibly thick and creamy thanks to Vita Coco Coconut Milk alternative; it’s vegan-friendly and made with 70% coconut (60% milk, 10% cream), making it naturally sweet.
With summer slow approaching this recipe is perfect for the warmer mornings – with the tangy blueberries, hint of lemon and creamy coconut, these flavours will take you to the tropics.
Cheesecake for breakfast? Yes please!
These Blueberry Cheesecake Oats are:
Ideal for summer mornings
Or mornings on the go
- ¾ cup oatmeal
- ⅔ cup Vita Coco Coconut Milk Alternative
- ⅓ cup vegan Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- Sweetener of choice, optional
- Half a lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- Handful of blueberries
- Blueberry Compote
- ½ cup. fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. cornflour
- Put all of the ingredients into a bowl, and stir until well combined
- Place in the fridge to thicken overnight (or for 4 hours)
- In the morning remove from the fridge and serve with fresh blueberries and compote
- Add a little extra coconut milk for extra creaminess if desired
- Put the blueberries in a small dish and microwave for 1-2 minutes, until hot
- Pour the blueberries through a strainer so that you are only left with the juice
- Stir in the maple syrup and cornflour and return to the microwave for 30-60 seconds, until the compote has thickened
If you’ve tried one of my recipes, I’d love to hear about it. Tag your social media posts with #Goodnessisgorgeous or leave a comment below.
This recipe is an entry into the Dairy Free Style Your Breakfast challenge with Vita Coco and Foodies100. See more great breakfast ideas at http://vitacoco.com/uk/