This sweet potato alfredo is a healthy twist on a classic comfort dish that can be made in less than 30 minutes. Perfect for easy, weeknight dinners!
With #Internatialsweetpotatoweek coming to an end, I’m sharing the last recipe in the series with a favourite weeknight meal of mine, sweet potato alfredo. The previous recipes have been a little more complex (sweet potato fritters, and falafel) but my favourite thing about this dish is that it’s super simple to make and doesn’t require a huge amount of effort. Not everyone feels like cooking after a busy day at work but trust me when I say this really is the easiest recipe; and it can be made in less than 30 minutes with only a handful of ingredients. A
While Alfredo is usually made up of butter, milk and cream, this vegan friendly version consists of the beloved sweet potato, dairy-free milk and a few flavourings. So not only is this dish comforting and delicious, it’s a great way to add in an extra veggie!
This Sweet Potato Alfredo is:
Gluten-free (when gluten-free pasta is used)
Low in fat
Super easy to make
A healthy twist on a classic comfort food
- 500g / 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 120ml / ½ cup unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. vegan butter
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Black pepper
- A pinch of salt
- Serve with
- 200g of Fettuccine (or pasta of choice)
- Vegan Parmesan
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil. Add the sweet potato and cook until soft.
- Place the sweet potato into a blender along with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth
- Cook the fettuccine (or pasta) according to the packets instructions. Once cooked stir in the alfredo sauce.
- Serve warm with a sprinkle of parmesan
If you’ve tried one of my recipes, I’d love to hear about it. Tag your social media posts with #Goodnessisgorgeous or leave a comment below.