These sweet potato fritters are perfect for breakfast, brunch or dessert. Not only are they a delicious sweet treat they’re nutritious too, and make up one of your 5 a day!
As someone with a sweet tooth it’s a given that I have always loved sweet potatoes, whether that be using in baking, roasted or just simply eaten as mashed potato but for my first recipe I wanted to create something a little different. Sweet potatoes aren’t often used in sweet breakfasts but that’s about to change as I’m combing my favourite root vegetable with my favourite meal of the day, breakfast.
These sweet potato fritters are packed with apple, cinnamon and coconut sugar, making them a great alternative to pancakes and waffles. Served with dairy-free yoghurt, additional apple and nut butter, they really are perfect for weekend brunch and easily count towards one of your five a day.
These Sweet Potato Fritters are:
& So delicious
- 200g / 2 small sweet potatoes, grated
- ½ cup of plain gluten-free flour
- ½ cup of dairy-free milk
- 1 apple, grated
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Once you have grated your sweet potato and apple, squeeze as much water out of them as possible, then place on a piece of paper towel to pat dry
- Put the sweet potato and apple into a bowl along with the rest of the ingredients and combine
- Place a frying plan over a medium heat (use a little oil if you haven’t got a non-stick pan) and fry each fritter for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden.
- Serve warm with dairy-free yoghurt, grated apple and nut butter of choice. Extra cinnamon would work well too.
If you’ve tried one of my recipes, I’d love to hear about it. Tag your social media posts with #Goodnessisgorgeous or leave a comment below.