These sweet, crunchy no bake peanut butter granola bars make the perfect easy breakfast or on-the-go snack.
Peanut butter granola bars, where have you been all of my life? Packed full of sweet peanut flavour, and wholegrains these crunchy yet chewy bars of delight make the perfect easy breakfast or on-the-go snack.
I’ve been longing after these for a while now, and have found myself thinking ‘I wish I had a snack bar’ as I run out of the house on those mornings where you just have to get up and go, which is what inspired me to make these.
Unlike the cereal bars I used to eat a kid, these are healthy, refined sugar free and are full of plant-based protein.
It was a struggle not to eat ALL of these bars whilst photographing for the blog. Even afterwards, just knowing they were on the side was too tempting, so I ended up sending my boyfriend to work with a lunch box full of bars because I literally have no self-control when it comes to peanut butter.
These peanut butter granola bars are:
Vegan & Gluten-free
High in protein
Packed full of fibre
- 1 ½ cup of oats
- 1 cup of rice krispies / brown rice cereal
- ½ cup of quinoa pops
- ½ cup / 118ml peanut butter
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup / 59ml rice syrup
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 50g good quality dark chocolate
- Place the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl
- Mix in the coconut oil, peanut butter, chocolate chips and rice syrup until the cereal is well coated
- Add the mixture to a baking tray lined with baking paper, spread evenly, and be sure to press the mixture down firmly
- Put in the fridge to harden
- Once the bar have firmed up, remove from the tray and cut the bar into 8
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle over each of the bars
- Once dried, store the bars in an air right container for up to 5 days
If you’ve tried one of my recipes, I’d love to hear about it. Tag your social media posts with #Goodnessisgorgeous or leave a comment below.