Raw, vegan & gluten free blueberry muffin smoothie that’s bursting with flavour and makes the perfect pick me up
This blueberry muffin smoothie is one of favourites. It’s quick, healthy and delicious; and makes the perfect pick me up any time of the day whether that is for breakfast, an afternoon snack or dessert.
The best thing about having a smoothie is that it’s super simple and can be made in a matter of minutes. Frozen blueberries, oats and yoghurt are blended with almond milk (or a plant based milk of your choice) along with a sprinkle of cinnamon, a dash of vanilla and a little sweetener. All of these ingredients come together to create a delicious, sweet dairy-free treat, with a flavour that reminds me of blueberry muffins.
The secret to making it taste like a muffin is by adding the cinnamon, maple syrup and vanilla. Just a little of each really lifts the flavour and turns what would be a regular blueberry smoothie into a blueberry muffin smoothie.
– I’ve made this smoothie many times (as well as having it everyday for the past week) and found that ¼ cup of oats makes it’s the ideal thickness, even after it’s sat for a short amount of time.
– I recommend using frozen blueberries, I tried this smoothie with fresh blueberries and it didn’t work as well.
This Blueberry Muffin Smoothie is:
Gluten free (when using gluten-free oats)
- 1 cup. frozen blueberries
- ¾ cup. almond milk
- ½ cup. plain soy yoghurt
- ¼ cup. oats (use gluten-free if needed)
- 1-2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Simply place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth
- Serve in your favourite glass or jar