This recipe is inspired by the American styled pancakes I used to eat daily as a teenager. Sometimes I’d eat them with toppings, other times I’d eat them straight out of the packet. But now I love to make my own. Making a pancake breakfast on the weekend is one of my favourite things to do, not only because they’re delicious but they’re easy to make and are ready in no time at all.
I’ve experimented a lot in the past with different pancake mixes, different flours, flavours, egg replacers etc. but these pancakes are by far my favourite and seeing as pancake day is just around the corner I thought it was about time I shared them with you. They’re light, fluffy and so delicious.
As always, you can top the pancakes with whatever takes your fancy. I’ve opted for a squeeze of fresh lemon and raspberry compote.
These light and fluffy pancakes are:
& Refined sugar free
- 1 cup. self-raising gluten free flour (I used Doves farm)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup. soy milk
- ¼ cup. apple puree
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- Heat your frying pan over a medium heat, and add a little oil to the pan if necessary. If you have a good non-stick pan you can omit the oil.
- Place the dry ingredients into a blender along with the wet ingredients. Blend for 30 seconds until smooth. The mixture should now be thick and airy.
- Pour ¼ cup of the batter into the frying pan and fry for 30-60 seconds, once the surface is bubbling, flip over and fry for a further 30-60 seconds. Repeat this process with the rest of the batter.
- Serve and enjoy.
If you’ve tried one of my recipes, I’d love to hear about it. Tag your social media posts with #Goodnessisgorgeous or leave a comment below.