There’s nothing better than a freshly baked batch of cookies, especially when they are white chocolate macadamia cookies.
These white chocolate macadamia cookies taste just like the cookies I used to love before going vegan (and gluten free). My favourite thing about ordering takeaway from Dominos used to be the freshly baked cookies. The pizza was good, but I’d take the latter any day. It’s been quite sometime since I had that kind of cookie up until now… I’ve made my own version, that are slightly healthier and a whole lot tastier. Plus I changed things up a little by throwing in white chocolate chunks and macadamia nuts.
While these cookies are vegan and gluten free, I’m not going to lie and pretend they are the healthiest creation I have ever made. I tested this recipe a handful of times, in an attempt to replace the dairy free butter with something more nutritious but nothing came close to tasting as a good as the original.
These cookies taste best fresh out of the oven, warm with a gooey centre and melted white chocolate. Yum.
These White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies are:
& Incredibly Moorish
- 125g / ½ cup dairy free butter
- 200g / 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp. flaxseed + 3 tbsp. water)
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- 120g / 1 cup gluten free self-raising flour
- 90g / ¾ cup gluten free plain flour
- 1tsp. baking powder
- 100g vegan white chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 100g macadamia halves
- Pre heat the oven to 180c
- Melt the butter in the microwave and allow to cook slightly
- Pour the butter into a mixing bowl along with the coconut sugar. Stir until slightly dissolved
- Mix in the flax egg along with the vanilla paste
- Sieve in the flour and baking powder, a little at a time, until combined
- Stir in the white chocolate and macadamia
- Drop 2 tbsp. (approx. 60g) of mixture onto a lined tray and press flat. Repeat with the rest of the mix.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden
- Once baked remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray for a few minutes before placing onto a cooling rack
If you’ve tried one of my recipes, I’d love to hear about it. Tag your social media posts with #goodnessisgorgeous or leave a comment below.