Sweet, warming, crunchy low fat gingerbread granola, perfect for the upcoming holiday season.
We are less than week away from December and I have to say I am feeling a little Christmasy already. The temperatures dropped, I’ve been drinking plenty of hot chocolate and then there’s this healthy holiday gingerbread granola…
Gingerbread is one of my favourite seasonal flavours; and nothing says the Christmas quite like it. The warming combination of ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg is so cosy and comforting I couldn’t think of anything better for this time of year.
I have to admit that I ate the first batch of this granola within a day. It was that good. If you make it you’ll know what I mean because it tastes just like eating broken up ginger biscuits, which I’m more than ok with but it’s totally addictive.
Serve with berries and coconut yoghurt, sprinkle on top of porridge or eat straight out of the jar.
This Low Fat Gingerbread Granola is:
- 1 ½ cup oats
- ½ cup buckwheat groats
- ½ cup buckwheat puffs
- ½ cup quinoa pops
- 6 tbsp. maple syrup
- 4 tbsp. coconut sugar (I used Biona)
- 3 tbsp. molasses
- 2 tsp. ginger
- tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Place all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl
- Add the syrup and molasses and stir well, making sure all of the ingredients are covered
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool
- Once the granola has cooled, break into clusters and store in an airtight jar