I’ve seen a lot of doughnuts whilst scrolling through Instagram recently so I decided it was time for me to give baked doughnuts another go. Gluten free baking can be quite challenging and after being disappointed with recipes for vegan/gluten free doughnuts I followed in the past it’s taken me a while to get here. I promise you it’s worth the wait though.
Just a year or so after purchasing my doughnut pan I finally have a recipe that I’m happy with, so happy that these doughnuts were eaten in less than a day. And I’ve proceeded to bake them again and again whilst trying after different toppings. It’s a hard job but someone’s gotta do it right?
With the soft, moist and cakey texture it’s hard to believe these doughnuts are gluten free. While I’m sure gluten free doughnuts will never quite be the same as the real thing, these are pretty damn delicious, even without the glaze.
The glaze is a mix of cacao, maple syrup and coconut oil, simple but it really does make the perfect glossy topping.
The best thing about these doughnuts are that they are easy to make and you can have warm doughnuts in just under half an hour!
As well as being free from gluten, these doughnuts are:
Vegan (of course)
Refined sugar free
- ¾ cup. oat flour
- ¼ cup. rice flour
- ¼ cup. cacao
- 2 tbsp. flaxseed
- ¼ cup. ground almonds
- ¾ cup. soy milk
- ½ cup. coconut sugar
- 1-2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ cup. melted coconut oil
- Raw Chocolate Glaze
- 2 tbsp. cacoa
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- Place all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and stir well.
- Combine the liquids and then pour into the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Stir until well combined and pour ¼ cup of mixture into each doughnut ring.
- Bake for 20 minutes, at this point a knife should come out clean
- Leave to cool before applying the glaze
- To make the glaze simple combine all of the ingredients, stir thoroughly to ensure there are no lumps. Dip each doughnut in the glaze and place in the fridge to set.
If you’ve tried one of my recipes, I’d love to hear about it. Tag your social media posts with #goodnessisgorgeous or leave a comment below.