This one pot pasta wonder has been my go-to dinner for quite sometime now. It’s ideal for weeknights as it’s quick, easy and can be made in 20 minutes. You literally throw all of the ingredients into a pan, allow it cook and serve. It’s as simple as that, with very little cleaning up.
The dish is made with brown rice pasta, a gluten free alternative that allows those with a gluten intolerance to enjoy a nutritious, authentic pasta meal.
A dish inspired by my love for the Mediterranean – it’s rich in tomato flavour and infused with fresh basil and garlic.
This recipe is:
2 of your 5 a day
- 250g brown rice pasta
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 200g tinned tomatoes
- 6 large cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 8 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cups of low salt vegetable stock
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- A handful of fresh basil
- Place all of the ingredients into a large pan
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a medium heat and cook for approx. 20 minutes. Stiring often to prevent any sticking
- The water should now have reduced to a creamy consistency
- Remove from the heat and serve with nutritional yeast or your favourite vegan cheese