Breakfast is something worth making the effort for, especially when it looks like this. Warm, satisfying and delicious, this bowl of gently spiced oatmeal will give you the fuel and energy your body needs to start the day right. The addition of carrots makes this more filling than basic oats and along with the spices makes this taste just like carrot cake except it’s healthier and more nutritious.
This Carrot Cake Oatmeal is:
& 1 of your 5 a day
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 1 and ½ plant based milk
- ½ cup of grated carrot (approx. 2 small carrots)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- A handful of raisons (optional)
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Extra carrot
- A spoonful of cashew cream (1/4 cup of cashews + ¼ cup of water and blend)
- Place the milk and oatmeal into a small saucepan along with the carrot, sugar and spices
- Bring to the boil on the stove
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and continue to cook until the oats have thickened and reached your desired consistency
- Stir in the raisons and serve with the suggested toppings.
If you’ve tried one of my recipes, I’d love to hear about it. Tag your social media posts with #goodnessisgorgeous or leave a comment below.